Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Winter

Winter. It spins me round and round with its icy fingers and then tosses me carelessly into its winter slump. All I want to do is hibernate and eat, hibernate and eat. But then in order to eat, I have to bloody cook! Poof! There goes my hibernation dreaming...

Winter. Cut to the bone coldness which spells one of the most exciting part of the season: change of wardrobe! Time to dig out those warm and cushiony jackets/coats, chunky woolly scarves, boots, boots and boots! All manner of it! Long boots, riding boots, ankle boots, biker boots, cowboy boots, fur-lined boots, slouchy boots.... I get heady just listing them. Where and how does one find that one perfect pair of boots? You don't. You buy a few pairs for different outfits and occasions. Just like the many dresses, sweaters, trousers, skirts, shirts you stash in your bursting cupboard. I present the same argument to the man. Even though he would not be persuaded, he grudgingly relented.

The quintessential casual-chic autumn statement



Winter. Despite the gloomy grey skyline, my face is beaming brightly because something exciting is brewing in the pipeline. I won't reveal the details just yet but I promise to do so when the time is right. So watch this space!

Winter. This year marks my turning four decades old in this Middle-earth. I hope the large numbers won't cause me to confuse reality with fantasy and be wise for a long time to come.

Photo credit: here

2 comments:

Beauty Box said...

I totally agree... there is no perfect boot. I love winter for the clothes, not the temperature, that's for sure ;-)

hoonie said...

Hello Yuming! I can't stand the cold too but love shopping for winter attire. I must have more winter clothes than summer ones by now! :)